Main sites and sights1. Southern Taiga around Plotnikovo
a) Virgin forests in Siberia with different vegetation types without human influence
b) The world largest oligotrophic rised bog (Vasjugan-bog)
c) Natural pine forest on sandy dunes without anthropogenic acidification
2. Tomsk: one of the oldest Siberian cities (current urban culture and development of big cities in Siberia)
3. Forest steppe between Tomsk and Novosibirsk (around Chebula – a small Siberian village not shown on the map): natural park-like mixture of forests and meadows (land use opportunities, biodiversity, visit of a typical Siberian village)
4. Dry steppe around Jurty on the way from Novosibirsk to Kotorovo in Slair mountains: salted soils (Solonchaks and Solonetzes) with typical vegetation communities in arid regions, soil degradation caused by irrigation
5. Blackish Taiga in Salair mountains nearby Kotorovo (Mungai Camp): giant herbal vegetation on apparently poor soils in not touched by human activity
a) Typical steppe biomes with Tchernozems (dark, fertile steppe soils)
b) dynamics of large Siberian rivers (Ob)
c) Agriculture Research centre and exhibition of culture plants in Siberia
7. Foothill of Altai mountains: Intact hotspot of diversity in temperate climate conditions nearby Kamlak with 80 -120 species of higher plants per 100 m².
8. Typical contrasts of vegetation and soil formation in dependency from relief on the ascent to the Seminsky pass (Altai mountains), including montane meadows, visit of local ethnograhical museum in Shebalino.
9. Mountain tundra at Seminsky Pass: typical tundra vegetation communities, effects of permafrost, Siberian Cedar forests, sustainable land use in cold climate conditions
10. Tafonisation / Weathering of granits, gigant terrasses of the river Katun (tributary of Ob) between Seminky pass and Tshike-Taman pass
11. Dry steppe biome in Kurai-plain - meadows with a lot of Leontopodium (Edelweiss)
12. Deserted steppe biomes, colored landscapes and painted deserts by weathering of Serpentinites nearby Chagan Uzun – a small village in Cuja-plain
14. Beltir: Semi-deserts near the Mongolian Border, landscape formation by recent earthquakes and recent and pleistocene glaciers and features of land use in extreme continental climate conditions
15. Kokorja: Most beautiful landscapes in Altai mountains (recreation day).